Sunday, October 6, 2013

Just Slingin' It

I recently discovered a great product for newborns - the baby sling! "The Baby Book" by Dr. Sears is the book that I've been reading and it highly recommends "baby wearing." This is one of the many ways you can bond with your baby. It also helps to keep new moms sane, as you can have both hands free!

I had experimented with baby wearing already as Sam and I received a baby carrier as a gift at one of our showers. I like it, but as of now Charlotte still likes to keep her legs bunched together ("frog leg" as I call it) so stretching her legs out so she can fit securely into the carrier is a struggle since she's still pretty small. I think the baby carrier will be better once she can hold her head on her own and she's a bit bigger.

For newborns and babies that need their head and necks supported, this new baby sling is amazing! I ordered it a few days ago and can already tell you mom and baby both love it.


Charlotte and I bonding in our new baby sling

The baby sling I ordered is the Balboa Baby Adjustable Sling. You can purchase it at Target for $59.99. It's endorsed by Dr. Sears and comes in two different colors (brown, shown above, or black.)






No comments:

Post a Comment