Thursday, January 23, 2014

Be Still, My Heart

When picking up Charlotte from school today, I noticed a piece of artwork hanging in her little cubby.

It was the pointsettia the babies had made during arts and crafts day before Christmas.

Charlotte's first artwork - 12/16/13

Of course I got super excited to take home her very first art project and proudly display it on my fridge! What a proud mommy moment :)

This week we are working on getting into a bit of a better bedtime routine. She's still been waking up several times throughout the night, and for a few days there I couldn't see straight. Giving her a bath with Johnson's Bedtime Baby Bath seems to help, along with introducing a little bit of rice cereal with breast milk. This week she's been sleeping for a good 5 hour stretch (usually 9:30 pm - 2:30 am). She likes to get up again at 4:30 am, which is a bit early for me, since I don't really want/have to get up until 5 or 5:20 am. But we'll get there! I did order a book about sleep training in case I get really desperate, I'm just not sure it's for me yet.

Any mom's out there have any advice for getting baby to sleep longer at nighttime?

baby bathtime

I'm in the middle of trying to plan Charlotte's baptism. She'll be getting baptized in May at St. Dominic Church in Shaker Heights and we'll be having a little party afterwards (of course!) I really like St. Dominic's (it's the church where I'm in the choir) because it's not stuffy like most Catholic churches, and they love babies and children. No one looks at you funny if you bring a baby to church. We recently attended the pre-baptism class and we were the only ones who brought our baby (most of the other couples were pregnant - wow, they were really planning ahead and on the ball, unlike me) and Charlotte was a doll. She was very content just chewing on Sophie and looking at all the new faces.

happy baby

I'm glad I got to post twice this week - especially with a cold! Hope to write more later. Thanks for reading as always!

1 comment:

  1. excellent job Momma A! I always like to read a little bit before bedtime and always right after bath time

    ReplyDelete