Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Just a few of my favorite things...about being a mommy

Charlotte turned 21 weeks old on Monday, and as I rocked her to sleep that night, I couldn't get over how much my life has changed for the better now that I have her in it. She has made me slow down and appreciate the small things again. A clean house, work stress - none of that matters anymore. My family is the most important thing, and I'm so glad I get to share my life with Sam, Charlotte, and Bruiser. I have more patience now which is something I am thankful for.
Charlotte at 21 weeks and one day


On my day off (Monday) Charlotte and I have a mommy and daughter bonding day. This week it involved lots of "airplane lifts," (her new favorite past time), posing for some photos, and a lovely nap together for 2 hours. Even Bruiser joined us for about an hour on the king size bed. It was heaven. Snuggling with her is my favorite part of the day.

She is becoming so vocal and animated -- now I know why the doctor said she was acting like a 6 month old when she was only 4 months. Now that she is almost five months old, she won't stop laughing, smiling, kicking, rolling over, and just going crazy. She is so active sometimes I worry I'm in trouble in the future!

Charlotte's first hair bow

Anytime I think she's not getting "that big" I have to stop and go look at pictures from when she was a newborn. So crazy! She's almost 15 pounds now and she's already wearing some 6 month old clothes - especially sleepers since she is so long-legged (unlike her momma). I've been trying to get pictures of her in all of her outfits before she outgrows them all. Right now she's loving to chew on just about everything, including my hair. She loves to put her fingers in my mouth and trace the outline of my face. When she puts her fingers in my mouth I literally want to die laughing. Most often this happens though when I'm rocking her to sleep and singing to her - so I can't laugh! She is obsessed with Bruiser right now and watches him everywhere he goes and smiles and laughs at him. I think she thinks he's smiling back at her because he does have a pretty cheery face.


She is very aware of her surroundings now - she knows when she gets in the car that she is either going to or from school. Charlotte also is very aware of her fingers, and she likes to scratch her sheets and her boppy and listen to the sound it makes. She is a doll, and she's my doll!


She seems to be fully recovered from her ear infection, but as warned by some mommy friends, guess whose ears are hurting now? You guessed it: mine. Oh well. I'd rather my ears hurt than hers! Comes with the territory.

I think that's it for today, it's 7 pm and she's taking a nap so I'm going to go get her things ready for school tomorrow.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment