Monday, October 20, 2014

Catching Up - Charlotte Faye Turns One!

It's been hard to play catch up lately, sometimes I feel like that's all I get done doing! That leaves little time for writing, but alas, I have a few spare moments so want to update the blogosphere on what is going on in our lives.

Charlotte Turns One
Charlotte turned one on August 26, 2014 and reflecting back on the year was extremely awesome and therapeutic. It's easy to have those days as a mom where you really doubt and get down on yourself. Looking at pictures from when she was a newborn and realizing how far Sam and I have come as parents since 1:19 pm on August 26, 2013 was amazing.




My birthday present to Charlotte was her one year scrapbook. It took me about 3 months and I won't even say how many hours to complete. When she is older I will give it to her to show what an amazing first year she had, and how truly loved she was from the very beginning. The scrapbook features events from her very first smile and bath, to her first big trip to Grand Cayman and Oak Island, North Carolina and everything in between.

Charlotte's first birthday party was a street fair theme. It turned out amazingly thanks in large part to the party planning awesomeness of my mom (Birdy). We had a unique space to work with - my skinny strip of grass and the driveway but we made it work! We had a popcorn maker, cotton candy machine, sangria for the adults and kids, and enough food for 100 people! Charlotte had a blast and friends and family seemed to enjoy the day! Some of the unique touches we implemented was the photo booth -- which everyone seemed to have fun taking photos with the old school Polaroid camera (purchased at Michael's). We also made a one year birthday banner and had photos and fresh flowers of her everywhere.

Here comes the bday girl!



And now for some more photos from the party...











And now for my favorite photo - nothing is better than snuggling with my peanut girl...Happy Birthday, Charlotte Faye. We love you!





















No comments:

Post a Comment